Monday, January 5, 2009

Summing up my reflections

So I wrote a blog and almost finished it and saved it. It was really, really long. You have seen how many words I can use to write about 1 day of my life, can you imagine how long it was to talk about my entire year?!?!?! So I am not going to put you to the test of reading it, don't worry, I won't make you suffer. It was good for me though, to write about so many things in my life. It helps me to put things into words because then I can really understand what I feel. So let me try to sum all of it up for you:

2008
First semester back in school after 1.5 years off of school, got As in all my classes.
Began to consider the possibility of windsurfing in waves, began windsurfing (or really just getting washed) in small waves.
Summer = intense, busy, lots of people visiting. My mom came to Maui to visit me, and I absolutely loved having her here.
Fall = break up with boyfriend of 3 years. Value our friendship more than anything.
Made new friends, some of the most amazing people.
Sounds cheezy, but in 2008 I rediscovered myself. I was lost in a lot of things that I couldn't see until I was out of those things. I found a sense of freedom from the past that felt good to be able to let go of.
The end of 2008 was somewhat sad. I missed my family and friends more than I ever have before.
In various situations, I found myself learning to stop planning, stop controlling, and let things just happen. I still can't decide if its really going to be right in the end, but for now, I am enjoying the ride.

Some goals for 2009:
Survive my first year of nursing school!! (I start in 1 week!!)
Be able to pay my bills and still eat healthy food while in school.
Get decent exercise while in school.
Make it home for KPs graduation in May.
Sell my horse :-(
Be more reliable and accountable to my friends. Give back to them at least as much as they have given to me.
Give more hugs.
Laugh more, stress less. Let go of the little things. (I swear I am getting better at this!)
Stop my nervous habit of rubbing my skin when I am anxious, particularly my neck.
Call all of my family on their birthdays this year.
Call my siblings more.
Call my parents more.




My motto for the year:
"If you don't like it, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

No comments:

Post a Comment