Saturday, January 24, 2009

Brain Fry

I never imagined a week could go by so fast and leave me feeling so utterly wiped out. As my "Math for Meds" class wrapped up a half an hour early, I felt the tingling excitement of the upcoming weekend. Friday had finally wrapped up and I was free to flee campus! Don't get too excited though, the tingling excitement only lasted about 2 minutes, which ironically happens to be the distance between math class and my main lecture room.

As I gathered my goods from main lecture room, I thought over what the weekend had in store for me. Every book that I lugged into my bag made my heart sink just a little bit more. By the time I was ready to walk out to my car, I was confusing the weight of my book bag with the weight of my heart which quickly translated to the weight in my feet. I drug my heels to my car, and towards this long weekend.

Friday night consisted of: Study, study, email classmates, study, complain about studying, eat dinner, study, watch Animal Planet and then study. I shut the books at midnight and spent the next hour with Chiclet (Laura). I almost can't think of a better way to end the day. Talking to her makes me feel better about life and better about myself.

This morning I cleaned my room, which really just means re-organizing my notebooks and school books. The piles are taking over my room.

Good news:

-A friend has some old nursing books that match up to mine, so I can return a few of mine to the bookstore. I think it is going to add up to over $200.
-Another friend received good news on a pending Greencard/Visa, and gets to keep making Maui home. Yaaay!
-It has been windy, and there have been waves. Everyone has been cheerful because of the good conditions.

Bad news:

-My first exam is Monday
-I have been too busy with school and work to enjoy the wind and waves


Finally, I am stealing a few pictures from other people. Here are the happenings on Maui for the last couple weeks.

Crazy wind and wave conditions the last few weeks. Here is a video from Giampaulos blog (www.mauisurfreport.blogspot.com). It is a Kiter and Kevin Pritchard at Hookipa, the world famous spot right near my house.


And here is a sweet picture of Kevin Pritchard on a wave at Hookipa. I stole this one from Kevins Blog at www.pritchardwindsurfing.com




This next one makes my stomach hurt... this kiter is about to get devoured by huge wave, and then right behind it a reallllly huge wave.
Photo was taken by Mandi Sinclair.

Chiclet and I are both in school now, so here is Chiclet studying. Our somewhat cozy livingroom :-)





3 comments:

  1. Hey baby girl!
    I've read your blogs........with a tear of joy and pride I want you to know that I believe in you and expect great things from you!
    Love, mumzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you can do it!!
    Just look at the end!
    you gave been working hard for this sense you were 16. only 2 more years to go then freedom.
    Gpa and I believe in you.
    Love you much
    Gma

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I always wonder how kiters avoid getting tangled in their kite lines while in the "washing machine". That's gotta be a nasty feeling :(
    2. that wave makes me feel a little sick as well.
    3. this picture also reminds me how much I miss seeing realllly big waves, it's been too long.
    4. Studying Michael Crichton? really? What are we coming to?!

    ReplyDelete