Friday, December 26, 2008

Post-Christmas thoughts

I survived my first Christmas without my family. Not too bad, only a quick few tear drops after I talked to my little sister on the phone. She is growing up so fast :-(
My day was good. I didn't get on the water, but I heard from others that the wind was super gusty and not so great anyways. I actually spent the day indoors watching re-runs of Ice Age.

Now that its over (whew!) I can move on. I am feeling kind of accomplished about it, and if I have to do it again, I think it will be easier the next time.

Today I worked all day. It was an excellent day of work though! At Hot Sails we did inventory so my brain actually took a nice break from the more monotonous things I do behind a desk. I got a kick out of watching Glenn and Tom dig out piles and piles of sails. So many sails piled up I couldn't even walk by! Luckily, Diony scooped me up and used his long grasshopper legs hop over the sail piles and carry me across the shop. I felt like a princess!

The restaurant was slower than ever, but it made for a pleasant atmosphere. The girls I work with are so different from me, but I love each of them dearly, for so many different reasons.

Tomorrow is going to be a splendid day, I just know it!!! Here is why:

1. I don't work AT ALL!

2. I am going to clean my entire house. Tomorrow evening, I am going to light all the candles and relax, hopefully with the sound of rain outside.

3. I have a list of songs I really want to use my poi and fire dance to, and I always feel like a million bucks afterward.

4. There is allegedly going to be trade winds. I don't care if the rain blows the wind crazy directions, I am getting in the water! If it's super gusty and I get catapulted again and again, so be it! Or, if I end up slogging around in a light breeze, I will snag a board from Kanaha Kai and cruise on a tanker.

5. There is definite possibilities of making chocolate chip cookies.

6. I reallllly want to see the movie Marley and Me. Problem is, nobody wants to see it with me. So maybe I will pull a Rachel Delforge, and take myself on a date. Yup. Thanks Rachface :-)

7. I don't have to stress about school yet! That makes any day worth being happy about!

8. Today I stumbled upon something great at the store. I randomly found Rockos favorite brand of squeaky ball. I haven't been able to find this particular brand in months and months! He doesn't like toys, but he goes CRAZY for this particular squeaky ball. He's gonna be stoked! Playing fetch with him at the beach is going to be great fun.

8 reasons. There you have them. I'm telling you, it really is going to be a good day. I can feel it in my bones!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. haha yay for self dating! I complete forgot I did that, I'm over due. I hope you saw that movie!

    ReplyDelete