Sunday, April 19, 2009

Closing a Chapter of My Life..



 I know I already made a recent post dedicated to Corona, but I cannot stress enough the importance of him in my life.

A lot of my friends on Maui windsurf, surf, or kite. You may not realize it, but you can relate. As your world wraps around the ocean swell and the trade winds, mine used to wrap around my horse. I used to eat, breathe, sleep and dream horses. My horse made my world go round. Horses taught me responsibility and the meaning of hard work. I owe my current drive and determination to do what I want to do-- to my history with horses. From a young age I was held accountable for the life of something else, something important. I can even say that some of my best friends and most amazing mentors were found through horses.  Now that he is officially sold, I see an important chapter of my life closing. It was well written, with a happy ending, and a to-be-continued last page. 

So, Saturday Madelyn picked up Corona. He belongs to her now. She left me a message today saying he settled into his new surroundings nicely, and all the young kids that she teaches at her barn were stopping by to give him carrots.  It makes me happy that he will have a good life. 

My best friend Kristen was there to say bye to Corona for me, and give him a last ride for me. She will miss him almost as much as me. 

Corona...

Corona and Kristen...

...

...

2 comments:

  1. tears, Love Dad, Be strong girl I am so Proud of you, you are an amazing young Lady! I am a Proud Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. (hug)

    Watching you and Corona grow up together has been a privilege. I know it is one of the hardest things you will ever do.

    ReplyDelete