Monday, February 9, 2009

ohhh dear

Ooooh okay what to blog about. What to write. So much.

First off, I really miss having a camera. I am always thinking about how I wish I could take pictures. I feel like a really important part of my life is going by, undocumented. So much is happening to me, particularly in school. I wish I could take pictures in my labs!

We had our first injection lab last week, and I successfully gave subcutaneous and intradermal shots to my lab partner. I learned IV care, and how to properly maintain and remove IVs. I dont actually get to start IVs on my lab partner until next year though.

I have begun to forget what the water feels like on my skin, and yesterday I spent the better part of my day windsurfing. It felt soooo sooooo good to rig my gear and trot into the water. I was mostly powered up on my 4.8. The waves were small, only the occassional shoulder high set. PERFECT for me though :-) I caught some waves and cruised around. Nitsan and Laura practiced water starts and I felt proud of myself doing laps around them. Its nice to watch people learning, because it reminds me that I have gotten better. Both of them are doing great and I am reallllly excited about it. I cant wait until Laura and I try to go out in waves together.

So, to the downside of my life right now. I am trying to be realistic, and understand that life just has its ups and downs. It happens to everyone, and I need to just deal with it. Here it is:
My car broke down last night.
Yep. Little Lucy Verde. It looks like the Heater Core is leaking. My car starting overheating last night, and now it wont even start. I am pretty sure it will cost more to repair than the car is worth. Some friends of mine are going to look at it tonight, so I will find out more. I am pretty sure its toast though.

I have no idea what I will do. I have just enough money to pay my next 2 tuition payments and pay my next rent. Work at the restaurant has been soooo slooooow. This week I start clinicals for school and its about to get really intense. I can't go on without a car, yet if I dont make my tuition payment on the 20th I get dropped from school.

Somehow it will work out, it always does. I will buy another car, and start selling body parts I guess. My kidney has to be worth something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment