Wednesday, February 11, 2009

it really makes you realize

In reflecting on my last blog and reflecting on the last few days....

When things go wrong, you really realize who is around you.

My car is sitting uselessly in my driveway, now nothing more than a storage unit for my water toys. I feel like I have completely lost my independence, just by losing my set of wheels. While I find myself doing the transportation limbo, there are suddenly people all around me willing to help me out. Between my roommates, classmates, coworkers and friends I have made it to all my destinations, even early. Even some of my family are going to pull together to help me out. It may not be much, but suddenly the $20 is starting to feel like $200 used to feel. Any little bit helps, and what is even more important, I feel like people care. Somehow I have spun myself a web of a social network of friends that are starting to feel more like family.

I can't wait until I have a reliable set of wheels again. I can't wait until I graduate Nursing School. I can't wait until I am financially stable. I can't wait until I can return the favor to all of those who have helped me out along the way. And wow I am so amazed at how long the list is getting. There are so many people I have to thank for helping me out, making me the person I am today and continually supporting me to be the person I am going to be. There is a little bit of each of you that makes up "me".

So...

Thank You.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment