Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A productive day (no wind)

Somehow I missed my first alarm this morning at woke up with a whole 15 minutes to shower and leave for school. Could it be that I was up until 2am doing homework? And no, I don't blame the margaritas and dinner with the girls last night. My late night was well worth the hour I spent at Milagros (Amazingly delish $3 Margaritas and excellent company!!).

I thought today was going to suck but somehow I was fully energized for my first class, Microbiology Lab. We did a really interesting analysis of some cells that we "genetically engineered" (really just "transformed"). We inserted P-Glo plasmids, ampicillin resistance genes and green flouresence genes into some E-coli bacteria. To put it simply, we made the cells glow florescently. :-) In one of my answers on my paper I even put "They glow like a San Fransisco rave". Haha...I bet my teacher will just looove that answer.


Here are the transformed cells under a blacklight..pretty cool that I did that eh?


So from there my next class only got better. Microbiology Lecture class. We got our midterms back today and guess what...I got a 107/110 points. One of the top scores in my class of 67! Woohoo! I really like that class. And, my teacher is learning how to windsurf...so I am spending a good chunk of my time in that class discussing windsurfing basics.

I just ended my evening with the boys: Juan, Andres and Jan. We ate pizza and watched The Windsurfing Movie. You know the song on there called Club Foot by Kasabian? Well I love that song and those shots...has me all excited to windsurf again.

After a dry 3 days of work and school for me, the wind comes back tomorrow and I am going to sail after work. Can't wait to get in the water again!

Cheers and Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment