Thursday, October 23, 2008

And the catapult of the day award goes to.....yours truly.

Yesterday was fun. I worked at HSM for a while until I got distracted talking to people downstairs. I need Ala here to keep feeding me things to do at my desk! (get well quick Ala!). So I finally gave in and went down to Kanaha to catch some of the wind.

Soooo fun at first...sooo overpowered on my 4.3 and loving it. Loving my new board. I started by chasing Andres Martinez around. He threw a couple forwards RIGHT next to me and I was stoked. He made them look so easy. He disappeard to go back to work and then Nick Warmuth was out. I chased him for a bit too..and he was throwing freestyle moves that I can't even name. I have no clue what he was doing but it was beautiful. Next I tagged Frenchy and back and forth we went seeing who could make the most jibes. Obviously he won by a lot.

My only problem was my harness lines being a little off...but I was too lazy to adjust them. Sounds lame right? I got launched pretty good a few times (it was super gusty!)

So then came the launch of the day. Sorry Aaron, I think I stole your title for a couple minutes. Nick had a front row view of it. I was coming in on the inside and going for a jibe. Im not really sure what got stuck (my foot? harness lines??) It all happened so fast... I ended up sitting cross-legged on top of my sail, laughing until tears came. Nick was laughing pretty hard too. Top 10 he said.

I guess if I can't be the best sailor, I can at least try for top catapulter....?!!??

Then the wind died completely and I slogged back in.

3 comments:

  1. yay for ocean fun, and not dieing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like not much has changed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh but plenty has changed! I am actually getting gooood at slogging around :-D
    Thats important right?

    ReplyDelete