Thursday, October 16, 2008

life without music....I can't go on.

There are a lot of important things in my life that I realize I don't want to live without. Music for one. A song for every day, every emotion, every time in my life. A song that brings me back to good days and bad. Sometimes I hear just the right song on my drive home and by the time I am home, I feel almost drunk with emotion. I love music, I love the effect it has on me. I feel like music brings all of the parts of my day together. All these things I do in the day, strung together by songs.

Another thing I realize I cant live without these days is the ocean. It brings a whole new element to my life that I never had before. Everyday I get in the water it clears my head from the pressures of life, school and work. For at least a short time its only Me against Me, and I like that. Lately I have been feeling a lot of Me against School and that is frustrating.

Yesterday was my second day at Hookipa :-) A tiny bit bigger than last time I went out, a few head high sets were breaking by the rocks. I am so silly...I stood at the edge of the water for ten minutes or so, trying to get the nerve to go. The shorebreak scares me the most. At last I decided it didn't really make a difference to wait, since the water wasnt going anywhere and my stuff was rigged. I pushed my gear through the shorebreak as best as I could...waterstarted. Yay! Made it! And, the sets were past and I had a clear straight shot to the outside. Feeling a pretty impressed with myself I got too comfortable. I hit a piece of chop and over the boom I went. Oooops :-) Guess nothings perfect. I am still getting used to my new board (only my 3rd time on it!). I had a minor incident with my footstrap, and after fixing it on the beach I went back out. The wind died and I had the most amazing slogging session of my life. Sooo annoying! But I still came out of the water smiling. I had an awesome time.

One of my favorite things about windsurfing is having friends around. There is nothing better than being on the water and hearing someone give you a shout and cheering you on. It makes it so much better, to share the stoke for even just a second.

Here are a couple of pictures to refresh your brain after listening to my rant...

When I opened up my new board last week. Its supposed to be my inspiration to get out in more waves. So far its been fun getting used to sailing it! Some people don't like the graphics. I think its beautiful.


Another sunset, Hookipa.

No comments:

Post a Comment